You’re sitting in a conference room. Your team is discussing new ways to highlight your business’s value position and drive more leads. Someone experiences that “Aha!” moment and suggests a webinar.
Everyone agrees it’s a great idea, and you raise your hand to lead your organization’s first-ever webinar series.
Sure, webinar marketing initiatives can lead to high-value impact and brand loyalty for your business. However, where do you start? How can you effectively build a webinar strategy that drives ROI?
Webinars are a great way to inform, engage, and sell your brand to your audience. You’re able to reach more prospective or existing customers and home in on your messaging to realize your key business objectives. In fact, 76% of marketers say webinars allow them to yield more leads and extend brand awareness.
Are you looking to market your B2B business differently and generate new leads to boost your bottom line? Let’s look at why webinar marketing strategies are important and four secrets that will take your campaign to the next level.
- Webinar marketing helps B2B businesses establish thought leadership and convert qualified leads
- You need to select the right topic and design an engaging presentation to ensure your audience understands your value
- A successful webinar event needs to include a cross-promotional strategy so you can attract a wider audience
Why is Webinar Marketing Important for B2B Businesses?
With B2B marketing tactics ranging from thought-leadership blogs to complex email journeys, it can be difficult to determine what will drive real results for your business.
Webinars are lead generation tools that provide free, valuable information that will demonstrate why your audience needs to invest in your services or products. As a visual medium, webinars typically provide more value than a lead magnet or blog post and allow you to quickly connect with participants afterward.
According to a study, 20-40% of those that attend a webinar are likely to become qualified leads. If you’re looking to leverage your thought leadership, drive engagement, and increase brand awareness, you’ll want to develop a marketing strategy that gets the most out of the event.
4 Tips to Drive Revenue with Webinar Marketing
Did you know that 58% of B2B businesses use webinar marketing? If you’re using webinars for lead generation, remember that they are not just a sales pitch. It’s not about you or your business.
Webinars are all about providing value to your participants to make them want to learn more about your brand. Through valuable content, you’re able to persuade your key audiences to convert and buy your products or services.
Ready to develop an impactful campaign? Here are four secrets to drive revenue and brand awareness with webinar marketing.
1. Plan to Present a Business-Focused Topic
There’s no such thing as “over-planning” when you’re making a webinar. While you need to pin down when the webinar will take place and the target audience, you need to pick out a valuable topic that you know well and displays your credibility.
The topic is essential for driving registrants and engaging with your audience. When deciding what you plan to speak on, draw inspiration from the following sources:
- Review your current blog, white papers, email topics, etc. that drove high engagement in the past. If a certain page had a large number of downloads or views, it would most likely make a captivating webinar.
- Check your social media profiles and have your customer service team to discover common questions your customers are asking. Your internal team is often the best way to learn valuable customer insight.
- Evaluate what your competitors are doing and see if you can dive into a topic a bit deeper.
Once you have the webinar topic selected, you need to write a catchy title that captures the attention of your target audience. Like all content marketing, titles play a crucial role in getting the webinar clicked on. Keep it informative and interesting.
2. Prepare Your Presentation
Your webinar presentation needs to educate attendees about a problem they have, explain the importance of solving that problem, and present your business as the solution. To meet that tall order, you need to develop a dynamic presentation that engages attendees every step of the way.
Here are a few key components your webinar needs to include:
- The introduction: This is your hook—grab your audience’s attention and showcase your authority around why you are the expert to learn from. You’ll also need to set clear objectives, establish a connection, and inspire your audience to stay involved.
- The content: As the bulk of your webinar, the content should meet expectations and help your audience solve their initial problem. While you’re painting a picture for your brand to be the solution, you shouldn’t sound too pushy.
- The engagement: Your webinar should be interactive! During the webinar, ask your audience to leave comments in the chat window or send out polls to learn more about your attendees. Only 40% of webinars are interactive, so you have a big opportunity to stand out.
- The call to action: At the end of the webinar, you have one last chance to pitch your business. You need to share your offer, guarantee, promotion, etc. to drive revenue from your event. However, this shouldn’t be more than five minutes.
3. Develop a Cross-Promotional Marketing Strategy
Now that your webinar is prepped and ready, you need to develop a cross-promotional strategy that gets your target audience to register. After all, the more people you have in attendance, the more likely you will be able to convert a larger audience and grow your revenue.
You’ll want to promote your webinar upfront on your registration page and on each promotional channel to reinforce the overall value. For example, highlight the hosts, main topic, and social proof to demonstrate your authority.
Use the following platforms when advertising your webinar:
- Utilize email marketing to promote your event to leads and customers
- Promote on Facebook or LinkedIn using targeted paid advertisements
- Attract website visitors with a banner or landing page
- Develop content marketing like videos, blogs, or podcasts to create a buzz
In this stage, it’s essential to align your key messaging and creative direction across each channel for a cohesive experience for attendees who might see the promotions on different platforms.
4. Follow Up with Your Registrants
After the webinar, you still have an opportunity to convert attendees that are yet to convert. Considering that 80% of conversions require five follow-ups after a meeting, contacting your audience shows that you are sincerely invested in helping your customers succeed.
Use audience segmentation to send the right messaging to your webinar participants. For example, consider creating a drip campaign after the event with the following messages:
- Attendees: Send an email thanking them for attending and provide the slide deck
- Attendees with questions: Reach out to any attendees who had questions and provide a detailed response through email or phone
- No-shows: Include a recording of the webinar and encourage them to reach out if they have additional questions
Drive Results with Webinar Marketing
Webinars not only promote brand awareness around your services but also drive real results with engaged and qualified leads. With the right webinar marketing strategy in place, you’re able to provide valuable insights to your audience.
To build a successful webinar event, consider the following steps:
- Choose a topic to demonstrate your credibility
- Develop an impactful presentation that hooks and converts
- Cross-promote your webinar across multiple channels to increase overall reach
- Follow up with everyone who registered and attended the main event
Ready to develop impactful webinars that drive ROI? Schedule a free consultation to learn about our Weekly Blog Writing Services that make quality content seamless.
The post 4 Secrets of Webinar Marketing that Drive Revenue appeared first on Marketing Insider Group.
By: Michael Brenner
Title: 4 Secrets of Webinar Marketing that Drive Revenue
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/demand-generation/webinar-marketing-for-revenue/
Published Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 09:41:45 +0000
For More Information about our services please visit:
Additional Informational Links:
Fuseology Creative, by fuseology
Fuseology Creative, by fuseology